In this master class Strength & Power workshop APEC will deliver two presentations outlining strength and power development and its importance within modern day S&C programing and training systems.
The first presentation will provide you with the understanding of advanced strength and power mythology, accommodating resistance and velocity based training (VBT)
The second presentation will provide you with the need for correct exercise selection, the different forms of periodization and programing fundamentals.
The practical sessions will provide you with the correct coaching cues for Velocity Based Training
It will also provide specificity in relation to exercise selection when using band and chain integration for strength and power-based programing. The practical session will clearly identify Energy System Development (ESD) for increased work capacity and a step-by-step guide to developing a more robust and powerful athlete.
APEC’s Strength & Power Workshop will encompass:
- APEC’s advanced strength & power methodology
- Correlation between strength & power
- FV curve and appropriate power training zone
- Acute methods for strength & power development
- Accommodating resistance – bands & chains
- Velocity Based Training (VBT)
- Periodization & Programming fundamentals